Knight Of The Mind

I'll do my best to present a philosophical and generally conservative look at current events and life, the universe and everything. Readers are invited to take all that's posted herein with a grain of salt. or if they prefer, a grain of salt, a slice of lime and a shot of tequila.

Name:
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Greetings and welcome. My name is Steve, I'm 35 years old and I work for the US Army as an Operations Research Analyst. Hence my blog title Knight Of The Mind.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Meatwad Attacks Michelle Malkin

Chris Matthews appears genuinely stupid to me. I just look at this guy and think this dirtball just skipped another AA meeting. He then opened his mouth to Michelle Malkin and utterly confirmed my suspicions regarding his IQ, if not his temperance or lack thereof. According to Malkin, Matthews addressed her as follows.

"Are you sure you are old enough to be on the show? What are you? 28?" I grit my teeth. He badgers me again with the same question. I politely answer his question and supply my age...."

That Chris Matthews, he has such a way with the ladies. Michelle's lucky she's married or Meatwad would have probably asked for falletio right then and there. He also seemed to have forgotten he was supposed to be interviewing Michelle Malkin.

Matthews introduces me, says we'll get to the subject of my book "in a minute," and launches into a spiel about how Bush should order the Swift Boat Vets to stop running their ads.

That's the thing about McCain-Feingold. President Bush can't control what the Swiftvets run and don't run. They are a 527. Bush or Kerry would be liable if they told these people what they could do ads about. I think McCain-Feingold has actually given candidates an additional degree of deniability they used to lack when partisan groups ran negative ads.

Matthews intentionally mischaracterizes me as "speaking on behalf of the Bush campaign," when he knew full well I was there ........he had chatted with me briefly about before the start of the segment. I correct him. He does not acknowledge his error.

How can a person as perfect as Chris Matthews make an error; much less admit to one? When I vituperated against Meatwad back in the first sentence, I left out his revolting, pompous arrogance. The man has selected himself for apotheosis.

As the show broke for commercials, Matthews scrambled for his producers to see if what he said was true.

I'd hate to be that man's ex post facto fact checker. Matthews focuses on his target of opportunity andforgets whether his ranting has any connection to reality. I hope he's at least considerate enough to chew on a mint before he blows his hot air in his interview victims' faces.

However, in fairness to Meatwad Matthews, Bilge O'Really doesn't strike me as particularly reasoned or friendly towards his guests either. Most cable news talkshows are bear-baitings. They pick their guests on a basis on how much contempt they have for them and bask in their own self-righteous hatred the way a drunken frat boy would lay claim to a prodigeous beer fart.

One staffer ran to the office where I had left my copy of the book, and handed it to Matthews, who--for the first time, apparently--started flipping through it. .......

Again, Matthews displays contempt and arrogance. Why prepare intelligently when you are obviously debating your inferior? Matthews disgusts anyone with a rational mind.


After I left, he trashed me again on the air and his scurrilous charges were repeated by his MSNBC colleague Keith Olbermann, who called me an "idiot."

Now I wonder why Michelle would care what Kieth Olbermann thinks. The producer had to write Keith's talking points out on an etch-and-sketch for him before Olbermann wiped the nose candy off his lip and went on the air. On balance, Meatwad embarrassed himself and Michelle Malkin should find more redeeming ways to spend her time than on MSNBC.

Update I: The American Mind rakes the muck on Cornball with Chris Matthews. It seems Matthews was much more willing to believe the impercations regarding George W. Bush's service record than John F. Kerry.

Update II: Californian Sojourn points out that the left's reaction to Michelle Malkin's blogging about her interview with Meatwad has been by-and-large disingenuous. This is not surprising. A significant number of these liberal bloggers are payed. They are Hessians of the Blogsphere. What can you expect?

"Reciprocals"

As you may or may not already be aware, members of the Watcher's Council hold a vote every week on what they consider to be the most link-worthy pieces of writing around... per the Watcher's instructions, I am submitting one of my own posts for consideration in the upcoming nominations process.
Here is the most recent winning council post, here is the most recent winning non-council post, here is the list of results for the latest vote, and here is the initial posting of all the nominees that were voted on.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com