Knight Of The Mind

I'll do my best to present a philosophical and generally conservative look at current events and life, the universe and everything. Readers are invited to take all that's posted herein with a grain of salt. or if they prefer, a grain of salt, a slice of lime and a shot of tequila.

Name:
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Greetings and welcome. My name is Steve, I'm 35 years old and I work for the US Army as an Operations Research Analyst. Hence my blog title Knight Of The Mind.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Who Is Phil Ossify? Why Is He Picking On Me?

The AnnClouter blog (1st Link on my blogroll) has a interesting philosophy quiz, if you feel up to some nerd wrestling.  It will tell you which moral philosopher you have the most in common with.
 
 
I took it myself and was somewhat surprised, but not much.  If I didn't hate shaving so much, Ockham and his razor would have polled better than 8th.

My Results:




1. 
Ayn Rand   (100%)  Click here for info

2. 
Aristotle   (85%)  Click here for info

3. 
Aquinas   (73%)  Click here for info

4. 
John Stuart Mill   (63%)  Click here for info

5. 
Nietzsche   (60%)  Click here for info

6. 
Epicureans   (57%)  Click here for info

7. 
Thomas Hobbes   (57%)  Click here for info

8. 
Ockham   (56%)  Click here for info

9. 
Plato   (56%)  Click here for info

10. 
Kant   (54%)  Click here for info

"Reciprocals"

As you may or may not already be aware, members of the Watcher's Council hold a vote every week on what they consider to be the most link-worthy pieces of writing around... per the Watcher's instructions, I am submitting one of my own posts for consideration in the upcoming nominations process.
Here is the most recent winning council post, here is the most recent winning non-council post, here is the list of results for the latest vote, and here is the initial posting of all the nominees that were voted on.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com